Festival Mozaic, July 19-30
Have you ever experienced the world-class music of Mozart and Bach? Immerse yourself in the arts this summer at Festival Mozaic, taking place throughout San Luis Obispo from July 19 to July 30. For over 45 years, Festival Mozaic has presented live musical experiences to the Central Coast at remarkable locations ranging from Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa to the Pavilion on the Lake in Atascadero.
With a unique mix of classical, chamber styles along with the innovative sounds of the Fringe Series, Festival Mozaic provides an ever-expanding program with over 25 musical events throughout the two-week festival.
FESTIVAL MOZAIC EVENTS
This summer, experience six unique events in addition to free community concerts, open rehearsals, pre-concert lectures and more.
Expose yourself to Festival Mozaic’s internationally-renowned roster at the intimate Chamber Series, featuring compositions from Mozart, Mahler, Beethoven, Brahms, Shostakovich and more.
- Triumph Over Adversity | July 20 at Congregation Beth David
- Beethoven Quartets | July 25 at United Methodist Church
- Winds of Change | July 27 at Congregation Beth David
- Scott Yoo and Friends | July 29 at Cuesta College
This series provides musical works of art performed by the nation’s top orchestras, with the brilliant and dynamic Scott Yoo as the Music Director. Artists who’ve performed in the Orchestra Series include St. Paul Chamber Orchestra, San Diego Symphony, Los Angeles Philharmonic, Baltimore Symphony and many more.
- Baroque in the Vines | July 22 at Serra Chapel
- Eight Seasons | July 24 at Mission San Luis Obispo
- Classical Evolution | July 26 at Mission San Luis Obispo
- Metamorphosis and Reformation | July 29 at Cuesta College
The Fringe Series brings together the perfect balance of inventive, experimental performances with classically-trained artists. Whether experiencing a high-energy ensemble at See Canyon Fruit Ranch or silent films accompanied by jazz music at the iconic Fremont Theatre in Downtown San Luis Obispo, you will enjoy a musical performance like you’ve never seen before.
- Simply Three | July 21 at Clark Center
- Fire & Grace | July 23 at See Canyon Fruit Ranch
- The Jazz Age | July 28 at Fremont Theatre
These interactive events blend together charismatic performances with rich discussions led by the musicians. During Festival Mozaic’s Notable Encounters, musicians take you “behind the score” as the artists bring the musical performance to life, allowing you to truly appreciate the performances in a fun, social setting.
- Opening Night | July 19 at Tolosa Winery
- Beethoven’s Genius | July 23 at Wind Dance Farm
- Brahms’ Romanticism | July 27 at Temple New Shalom
- On Stage with Strauss | July 29 at Cuesta College Stage
- The French Connection | July 30 at Dallidet Adobe & Gardens
In partnership with San Luis Obispo Youth Symphony and the Cal Poly Music Department, Festival Mozaic offers free master classes to youth in San Luis Obispo for an informative and fun experience. Youth musicians will be instructed by the talented performers from this year’s Festival Mozaic.
- Guitar Master Class with William Coulter | July 25
- Violin Master Class with Jason Uyeyama | July 26
- Woodwind Master Class with Elizabeth Koch Tiscione & Fei Xie | July 28
Relish in delicious eats and award-winning music during the Culinary Events series with everything from casual picnics in the courtyard to lavish dinners.
- Notable Encounter Dinner: Opening Night | July 19 at Tolosa Winery
- Notable Encounter Dinner: Beethoven’s Genius | July 13 at Wind Dance Farm
- Pre-Concert Dinner in Mission Plaza | July 26 at Mission Plaza
- Picnic Dinner in the Cuesta Courtyard | July 26 at Cuesta Courtyard
- Notable Encounter Brunch: The French Connection | July 30 at Dallidet Adobe
Festival Mozaic is ideal for those visiting San Luis Obispo to experience world-class music and arts. Hear about our experience at last year’s Festival Mozaic from the Fringe Series’ Portland Cello Project to Festival Mozaic Family Concert, and get a taste of what’s to come.
THINGS TO DO IN SAN LUIS OBISPO
Looking for more things to do when visiting San Luis Obispo? Enjoy these endless activities right here along the Central Coast.
- Attend Thursday Night Farmers’ Market in Downtown SLO for delicious eats and a lively atmosphere.
- Bask in the sunshine while relaxing at the beach or kayaking in Morro Bay.
- Sip your way through Edna Valley while traveling along a wine trail or experience SLO’s craft beer scene.
- Immerse yourself in San Luis Obispo’s history by touring Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa or Dallidet Adobe & Gardens.
- Grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant, featuring farm-to-table plates and innovative drink concoctions.
To purchase tickets, get more information and view a full schedule of events, visit the Festival Mozaic website today.