SLO Film Fest: March 13-18, 2018
Quality Filmmaking, Red Carpet Events and VIP Treatment – All on the Central Coast!
The SLO Film Fest, formerly known as San Luis Obispo International Film Festival, believes in the sophistication of Golden Age cinema without the Hollywood hype. Dream Vacation Magazine recently named the SLO Film Fest as one of the “20 Best Under-the-Radar Film Festivals in 2016” for its genre variety, unique experiences like wine and movie pairings, and mission to prove that movies matter.
This annual 6-day event offers independent filmmaking and youth filmmaker programs in addition to screenings at a variety of unique locations along the Central Coast.
The SLO Film Fest will be centralized around Downtown San Luis Obispo with Fremont Theatre acting as the festival’s hub and featuring the ever-so popular Festival Tent, located at the corner of Osos and Monterey Street. Every afternoon and evening throughout the 6-day festival, SLO Film Fest will host cocktail mixers and after parties at their hospitality tent, where select ticket holders can indulge in local wines, food and live music.
The SLO Film Fest 2017 kicked off with a unique Mardi Gras-themed Opening Night on Tuesday, March 14th at the Fremont Theatre and Festival Tent. On Wednesday, March 15th, the Central Coast Filmmaker Showcase took place with seven festival screens showing films from San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Monterey counties. In addition to Opening Night, attendees could enjoy two more red carpet events during the SLO Film Fest, including the iconic Surf Nite in SLO and the King Vidor Awards, where Josh Brolin was awarded the prestigious award. Movie screenings and special events followed throughout the week.
Overview of 2017 Schedule
- March 14: Opening Night
- March 15: Central Coast Filmmaker Showcase
- March 16: Film Screenings & Special Events
- March 17: Surf Nite in SLO
- March 18: Behind-the-Scenes Panels & King Vidor Award
- March 19: Film Screenings, Filmmakers of Tomorrow Showcase & Audience and Central Coast Filmmaker Awards
What to Do While In SLO
Plan your visit to SLO for the Film Fest and enjoy endless things to do along the Central Coast.
- Attend Thursday Night Farmers’ Market in Downtown SLO for delicious eats and a lively atmosphere.
- Spend a little time between movies perusing the shops and art galleries around town.
- Take in the beautiful surroundings on one of SLO’s many hiking trails.
- Experience San Luis Obispo’s up-and-coming craft beer scene or travel along a wine trail.
- Grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant, featuring farm-to-table plates and innovative drink concoctions.
The SLO Film Fest is an event you won’t want to miss. Purchase your tickets today!