SLO Film Fest: March 13-18, 2018
Quality Filmmaking, Red Carpet Events and VIP Treatment – All on the Central Coast!
The SLO Film Fest, formerly known as San Luis Obispo International Film Festival, believes in the sophistication of Golden Age cinema without the Hollywood hype. Moviemaker.com recently listed the 2017 SLO Film Fest among the “50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee in 2017” for its genre variety, unique experiences like wine and movie pairings, and mission to prove that movies matter.
This annual 6-day event offers independent filmmaking and youth filmmaker programs in addition to screenings at a variety of unique locations along the Central Coast.
The SLO Film Fest will be centralized around Downtown San Luis Obispo, with Festival Headquarters located on the corner of Osos and Monterey Street. Additionally, the festival will feature venues like Fremont Theatre, The Palm Theater, Downtown Cinemas and the ever-so popular Festival Tent. Every afternoon and evening throughout the 6-day festival, SLO Film Fest will host cocktail mixers and after parties in their hospitality tent, where select ticket holders can enjoy local wines, food and live music.
The 2018 SLO Film Fest will kick off Tuesday, March 13th with a Bollywood themed Opening Night Party in Festival Tent, located in Mission Plaza. Wednesday, March 14th will feature the Central Coast Filmmaker Showcase, presenting over 10 films throughout the Downtown SLO area. Thursday’s screenings begin at 10 a.m. with “The Organizer” at the Palm Theater and continue until the After Party in Festival Tent at 8:30 p.m. Friday, March 16th will feature a Filmmaker Mixer in Festival Tent at 5 p.m., followed by Surf Nite in SLO in the Fremont Theatre. Saturday’s festivities will include Behind-the-Scenes Panels in Festival Tent, among tons of other films and presentations. Finally, the Festival will conclude Sunday, March 18th with Closing Night Awards and Movie at 6 p.m.
Overview of 2018 Schedule
- March 13: Opening Night
- March 14: Central Coast Filmmaker Showcase
- March 15: Dreaming of Wine at Tolosa Winery
- March 16: Surf Nite in SLO – The Big Wave Project
- March 17: Behind-the-Scenes Panels & King Vidor Award
- March 18: Film Screenings, Filmmakers of Tomorrow Showcase & Audience and Central Coast Filmmaker Awards
What to Do While In SLO
Plan your visit to SLO for the Film Fest and enjoy endless things to do along the Central Coast.
- Attend Thursday Night Farmers’ Market in Downtown SLO for delicious eats and a lively atmosphere.
- Spend a little time between movies perusing the shops and art galleries around town.
- Take in the beautiful surroundings on one of SLO’s many hiking trails.
- Experience San Luis Obispo’s up-and-coming craft beer scene or travel along a wine trail.
- Grab a bite to eat at a local restaurant, featuring farm-to-table plates and innovative drink concoctions.
The SLO Film Fest is an event you won’t want to miss. Purchase your tickets today!