SLO Jazz Festival: May 20, 2017
Mark your calendar now—the 4th Annual San Luis Obispo Jazz Festival is May 20th from 11:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. in the historic Mission Plaza. Tucked in the heart of Downtown San Luis Obispo, SLO Jazz Festival offers a mishmash of subgenres from mellow jazz harmonies to high-energy bebop rhythms, which are sure to get you on your feet.
SLO Jazz Festival is comprised of four unique stages distributed around Mission Plaza. Artists and performers participating in this year’s SLO Jazz Fest include the Grammy Award winning Poncho Sanchez, Airto Moreira with Eyedentity and more. Proceeds from the event benefit SLO Jazz Festival, a non-profit dedicated to celebrating and continuing the tradition of jazz music throughout the Central Coast.
Stages of SLO Jazz Festival
- Mission Stage: With Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa as its backdrop, the 4th Annual SLO Jazz Festival’s Mission Stage will feature Grammy Award winning Poncho Sanchez, the Purple Ones: Insatiable Tribute to Prince and Grammy Award winning Airto Moreira with Eyedentity as headliners.
- Broad Street Stage: Located next to the History Museum of San Luis Obispo County, this year’s Broad Street Stage kicks off with Jon Stephen, a tropical Brazilian guitarist, and the Dylan Johnson Quartet, then transitions into Dawn Lambeth, and finishes off with Mama Tumba who play Afro-Funk music.
- Youth in Music Stage: Playing in the SLO Museum of Art, the Youth in Music Stage will feature the finest jazz performers from high schools and colleges throughout San Luis Obispo County and more.
- Youth in Music II Stage: Various high school jazz combos will play their best tunes at the SLO Children’s Museum throughout the day.
Things to Do in San Luis Obispo
When planning your visit to San Luis Obispo for SLO Jazz Festival, don’t miss out on the endless things to do along the Central Coast.
- Farmers’ Market: Attend the world-famous San Luis Obispo Thursday Night Farmers’ Market for delicious eats, live music, and a leisurely stroll through downtown.
- Beer & Wine Tasting: Experience San Luis Obispo’s up-and-coming craft beer scene by traveling along the SLO Beer Trail, or sip your way through Edna Valley.
- Delicious Eats: Get a taste of San Luis Obispo at one of the local restaurants, featuring farm-to-table plates and delicious drink concoctions.
To purchase tickets, get more information and view a full schedule of events, visit the SLO Jazz Festival site today!