Concerts in the Plaza
The 23rd Annual Concerts in the Plaza kicks off on June 8 in Mission Plaza and is one of the most popular summer events in San Luis Obispo for locals and tourists. Featuring an array of musical genres from Indie Pop and Reggae to Celtic Rock and Country, this free concert series has something for everyone. Sponsored by the San Luis Obispo Downtown Association and Sunset Honda, this popular, 15-week series offers fun for the whole family, right in the heart of Downtown San Luis Obispo.
This summer, you and your crew can relax and unwind on Friday nights while enjoying live music by local bands. Thousands of visitors and locals alike attend annually for this fun-filled, summertime event. Pack a picnic dinner and purchase refreshments, including local wines and craft beer, at the venue.
Check out local favorites, including Fialta, who will be performing their Indie tunes on Friday, June 15. Don’t miss out on the fun – see the complete 2018 Concerts in the Plaza lineup below.
2018 Band Lineup
- June 8 | The Molly Ringwald Project | Ultimate 80s’ Tribute
- June 15 | Fialta | Sun-Drenched Indie Pop
- June 22 | Young Dubliners | Celtic Rock
- June 29 | Truxton Mile | Country
- July 6 | Stellar | Classic Hits for Everyone!
- July 13 | Resination | Roots Reggae
- July 20 | The Tipsy Gypsies | Vintage Blues, Jazz & Soul
- July 27 | The Kicks | Roots Soul Reggae
- August 3 | Damon Castillo Band | Rock, Soul
- August 10 | Bear Market Riot | Power-Folk Americana
- August 17 | Truth About Seafood | Party Rock
- August 24 | Diego’s Umbrella | Gypsy Folk Rock
- August 31 | The JD Project | California Rock Roots
- September 7 | The Mother Corn Shuckers | Americana, Beergrass
- September 14 | Moonshiner Collective | Folk Rock, Americana
Location & Time
Concerts in the Plaza are held at Mission Plaza, located at 989 Chorro Street in San Luis Obispo. Music kicks off every Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. until September 14.
Please note that due to a new City ordinance that prohibits single-use straws and plastic bottles on City property, attendees are encouraged to bring their own reusable, non-glass cups to the event, or purchase a commemorative Concerts in the Plaza pint for $10. Pints are available for purchase online or at the bar during the concerts.
For those without reusable cups, Firestone Walker Brewing Company Beer will be available in cans. Wine will also be available for purchase, served in reusable glasses.